27 November 2013

Solar rear/tail bike light from ebay/amazon

About : Solar rear/tail cheap light for bicycle/bike


I bought this solar rear bicycle light on Ebay (from China) for about £2. It took less than a month to arrive and I have used it about 3 weeks now. so far it is working as expected (pretty good) but I have only been in light rain. I have read som reports on Amazon that moisture has built up inside some people's light and broke it (either built up or not waterproof, I guess), so it will be a while before I can give a verdict on it. But so far (a month in) I am very pleased.

Specs :
4 functions (3 really) : slow flash, quick flash, on, off
The limited details says it should take be able to take 4 hours on, 8 hours in flash mode ?
Takes a couple of hours to charge ? (mine has never run out yet)
Seems reasonably bright to me (no lumen measure given).
Weighs 49g 
Quick release, so you can put it near light to charge etc

So far very happy but I will keep you updated of any problems.       

No comments: