04 September 2021

Does Amazon UK send reminders free trial is about to cancel ?

 Q :

Does Amazon UK send reminders your free PRIME trial is about to expire ?

Answer (my recent experience) : With 3 days to go, none so far !

Since I just manually cancelled, I can't tell if they would remind me my free trial was autorenewing to paid in that final 3 days, but I'm suspecting not ??


History

I've used Amazon Prime Free Trial before (like 2019) and got reminders, like 7 days etc.

This time, with 3 days to go, none.  


My impression of Amazon UK Prime Free trials reminders history (could be nonsense) :

up to around 2016 : none ?

2016 : a big media story about people put on autorenew and didn't realise. Reminders introduced.

say 2020 : Reminders gone again ? Or left to last day ?


How to cancel free trial : go to account and Prime settings etc.

Cancel process is unnecessarily complicated (!), but you should get there in about 5 steps.

No comments: